Fee Protection Scheme
- FPS serves to protect the course fees (exclude application fee and GST) paid by the students.
- In the event that DIMENSIONS is unable to continue its operations due to insolvency and/or regulatory closure; students can claim the unconsumed fees from the FPS service provider.
- FPS is compulsory for all local and international students taking courses at DIMENSIONS except for short courses with waiver granted by CPE.
- DIMENSIONS has appointed Liberty Insurance as our FPS Insurance provider, a CPE appointed FPS service provider.
- DIMENSIONS is strictly not allowed to collect course fees beyond 12 months
Details of FPS Insurance Scheme
- Students will pay course fees directly to DIMENSIONS or make a deposit into DIMENSIONS bank account.
- The insured amount (limit of indemnity) shown in the Certificate of Insurance (COI) shall be equal to the amount of course fee paid. (Exclude application fee and GST).
- The insurance coverage period starts from the day of course fees is paid to DIMENSIONS and not from course commencement date, till the end of the course or end of duration based on course fees paid.
- Effective from 17 December 2013 when student make payment, FPS Insurance cover will be purchased within 7 working days. Once the insurance is purchased, student will also receive the COI via email from Liberty Insurance.
- If fee is paid by telegraphic transfer/remittance to DIMENSIONS, original receipt shall be issued to student within 3 working days. If fee is paid directly (such as by cash, internet banking or credit card) to DIMENSIONS, original receipt shall be issued to student on the same day upon receipt of course fees.
- Students should check if the information is correct on the following documents :
- Certificate of Insurance – name, course title and duration, amount insured and period of coverage
- Receipt – student name, date of payment, course title, course fee paid, certificate of insurance number and outstanding amount (if any)
Steps of FPS Insurance Implementation:
Students are advised to understand the following steps to ensure that their fees are well-protected.
Step 1:Student may check on DIMENSIONS’ website for a copy of FPS Insurance Certificate from Liberty Insurance.
Step 2: Upon signing of the advisory note and student contract with DIMENSIONS, check that FPS Insurance protection is included in the contract and pay course fees in accordance to signed student contract.
Step 3:DIMENSIONS will purchase FPS Insurance from Liberty Insurance within 7 working days upon receiving of course fees.
Step 4: Once the insurance is purchased, student will receive the COI via email from Liberty Insurance. DIMENSIONS will print a copy of Certificate Of Insurance and receipt which will be given to students.
Click here to view Standard Private Education Institution (PEI)-Student Contract
For more information on the Committee for Private Education (CPE), please click here.