Complimentary Educational Resources
Complimentary Educational Resources
Here are some useful online educational resources to serve our students’ diverse research needs and learning progress.
- Bloomberg Business: Provides market news, data, analysis, as well as videos and features stories from Businessweek and Bloomberg News
- FinanceAsia: Asia’s authoritative source for finance, investment banking, economic and capital markets news
- Free Management eBooks: Download management eBooks, templates and checklists which cover subjects ranging from accounting principles to business strategies
- International Financial Statistics: Provides data on exchange rates, international liquidity, international banking, interest rates, international transactions, and government accounts. Data will be updated monthly.
- Singapore Exchange (SGX): Provides access to annual reports, financial reports, prospectus, and IPOs of Singapore Companies
- SingStat Table Builder: Contains statistical data series on the Singapore economy and population that users may select to build customised data tables. These tables can be exported in different file formats or plot graphs and charts.
- Statistics Singapore: Provides statistics on the Singapore economy and population that is prepared by the Singapore Department of Statistics
- World Bank Data: Opens access to world development indicators, global development finance, Africa development indicators, and global economic monitor, and includes databases on education, gender, and business
- arXiv.org: Download full-text articles in physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology, quantitative finance, statistics, etc.
- Channel News Asia Online: Comprehensive news coverage of Asia-Pacific with special reports from Channel News Asia’s foreign correspondents and regional news sources. Coverage: Archived sources are only available for seven days.
- CNN Asia: Find the latest breaking news and information on Asian top stories, weather, business, entertainment, politics, and more
- Cogprints: Gain access to articles in psychology, neuroscience, linguistics and many areas of computer science (artificial intelligence, robotics, vision, learning, speech, neural networks, etc.), biology (ethology, behavioural ecology, sociobiology, behaviour genetics, evolutionary theory, etc.), medicine (psychiatry, neurology, human genetics, imaging, etc.) as well as any other portions of the physical, social and mathematical sciences that are pertinent to the study of recognition
- Data.gov.sg: Contains over 5000 datasets from 50 Singapore government ministries and agencies
- Digital Media Repository by Ball State University: Provides online access to a variety of primary source materials including photographs, oral history interviews, artwork, video and film footage, cartographic resources, architectural drawings, publications, and 3-dimensional objects
- DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals): Indexes and provides access to high-quality, open access, and peer-reviewed journals
- Education Resources Information Centre (ERIC): Provides full-text articles and citations in the field of education
- Google Scholar: A freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text or metadata of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines. The Google Scholar index includes most peer-reviewed online academic journals and books, conference papers, theses and dissertations, preprints, abstracts, technical reports, and other scholarly literature, including court opinions and patents.
- MagPortal: Gain access to full-text articles in the fields of business, management, health sciences, engineering, science and technology, etc.
- National Archives of Singapore: A text and image retrieval system on the web developed by the National Archives of Singapore (NAS)
- OER Commons: A public digital library of open educational resources. Various courses, guides, books and lectures covering many various subjects for levels from primary to postsecondary are available for public access and viewing.
- OpenStax: Provides high-quality, peer-reviewed, openly licensed college textbooks that are free online
- Open Textbook Library: Houses textbooks that have been funded, published, and licensed to be freely used, adapted, and distributed. These books have been reviewed by faculty from a variety of colleges and universities to assess their quality. All textbooks are either used at multiple higher education institutions or affiliated with an institution, scholarly society, or professional organisation.
- National Library Board: Provides e-Resources to locate indexes and full-text electronic journals, newspapers, books, and magazines
Partner Universities’ Online Resources