Management of Recruitment Agent Policy and Code of Conduct for Recruitment Agents
DIMENSIONS shall manage its appointed recruitment agents in an appropriate manner to ensure DIMENSIONS’ interest and reputation are protected at all time.
All recruitment agents must sign and abide by the recruitment agent code of conduct.
1) RECRUITMENT AGENT CONTRACT
- Recruitment Agents are required to observe and comply with all terms and conditions stipulated in the Recruitment Agents Contract, which includes the Recruitment Agent Code of Conduct.
- DIMENSIONS International College reserves the rights to terminate the Recruitment Agent Contract for any contraventions by the Recruitment Agents.
- Recruitment Agents are not allowed to recruit students for DIMENSIONS without a valid Recruitment Agent Contract.
2A) MISLEADING AND INACCURATE CLAIMS
- Recruitment Agents must not engage in any unethical practices such as making claims, warranties, representations or statements which may be false, untrue, ambiguous, misleading, inaccurate or fraudulent.
- Recruitment Agents undertake to conduct student recruitment in an ethical and responsible manner and consistent with the requirements of the relevant course or curriculum as defined in materials published by DIMENSIONS International College so that potential students can make informed decisions.
- Recruitment Agents undertake to adopt good attitudes and deploy only truthful and ethical sales techniques during recruitment at all times.
2B) NO GUARANTEES FOR APPROVALS BY GOVERNMENT AGENCIES, NO
RECOGNITION BY EMPLOYERS
- Recruitment Agents undertake NOT to guarantee or deem to provide a sense of guarantee to prospective students with any success rate for admission to a higher learning institution and approval of any application for securing any pass (eg student’s pass), national status (PR, citizenship) from any government bodies. Any decision on such matter is at the discretion of the relevant authority and DIMENSIONS can have no influence or jurisdiction on them. This position must be made absolutely clear to prospective students.
- Recruitment Agents undertake NOT to guarantee or deem to provide a sense of guarantee to prospective students with any employment opportunities or job replacement services for a fee. They must also not attempt to entice prospective students with promises of salaries or allowances for trainees on work attachment. It must be communicated clearly to prospective students that job attachments for international students is not guaranteed and will be subjected to the approval of relevant passes by the Ministry of Manpower.
- Recruitment Agents cannot claim that qualification awards will be recognized by employers and/or any local or foreign education institutions or associations.
3) SINGAPORE LAWS AND REGULATIONS
- Recruitment Agents are at all material times aware of the latest Singapore Private Education Act, CPE EduTrust requirements, CPE Advertising Code, Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) and Ministry of Manpower policies and procedures related to International Students and the terms and conditions of study in DIMENSIONS International College.
- Recruitment Agents undertake not to infringe any national interest and violate any laws and regulations of any relevant government agencies.
4) FAIR TRADING ACT
- Recruitment Agents undertake to only apply principles of fair trading in recruiting students and must not exert any form of high-pressure selling, “bait and switch” advertising or similar unfair practices or tactics.
5) REPRESENTING DIMENSIONS INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE
- Recruitment Agents must not be negligent, careless or incompetent in representing DIMENSIONS during recruitment so that the integrity of DIMENSIONS International College and Singapore’s reputation will not be compromised.
- Recruitment Agents agree to employ appropriately qualified staff, including training to provide comprehensive pre-course counseling for prospective students to make informed decision about their programme options. The staffs providing such services will assess prospective students’ education needs based on their proficiencies and provide appropriate guidance and advice to them on the suitability of available programmes.
6A) POLICIES, PROCESSES, PROCEDURES AND DOCUMENTATION
- Recruitment Agents must strictly follow all relevant DIMENSIONS International College’s policies, processes, procedures and documentation.
6B) PROTECT STUDENT INFORMATION
- Recruitment Agents agree to ensure that all applicant information collected as part of the application and enrollment process is securely kept and that the handling of all applicant information comply with DIMENSIONS International College’s confidentiality and security policy.
6C) COMPULSORY PRE-COURSE COUNSELING, NO SELECTION OF STUDENTS
- During the pre-course counseling session, the student’s needs and capabilities are individually assessed by Recruitment Agents to determine the suitability of course. Customised solutions are then proposed to ensure an effective and fruitful learning outcome for the student. The staffs providing such services are aware of the significance of their recommendations in relation to the ambitions of prospective students. All the staff must use the up-to-date pre-course counseling kit to conduct pre-course counseling.
- Recruitment Agents will perform pre-course counseling to prospective student and are not allowed to execute the selection of students on behalf of DIMENSIONS International College. Student selection will be under the charge of DIMENSIONS International College.
7) NO COLLECTION OF COURSE FEES, NO ACCEPTANCE OF FAVOURS BY STUDENTS
- Recruitment Agents undertake to communicate clearly to prospective students all the details of course fees and other fees payable throughout the course duration.
- Recruitment Agents agree not to collect any course fees except the fee (if any) mentioned in the Recruitment Agent contract or accept any form of favors from potential or current students. Commission of any form will be handled between DIMENSIONS International College and Recruitment Agents.
8) ADVERTISEMENTS AND OTHER PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS#
- Recruitment Agents must comply with the CPE EduTrust Certification Scheme Guidance Document, the CPE Advertising Code, and the Private Education Act 2009 requirements.
- Recruitment Agents must not use the CPE’s logo, EduTrust logo and Certification Number, CPE Registration Number in any advertisement and promotional materials.
- Recruitment Agents must ensure that all advertisements and promotional materials are truthful and does not include any misleading or malicious comments. The advertisements and promotional materials must be approved by DIMENSIONS International College before publication or release to the market.
# Under the new CPE Advertising Code, an advertisement includes notice, circular, pamphlets, brochure, prospectus, program or other document to the public, and includes an advertisement in a newspaper, magazine, journal, sound and television broadcast, the internet or other media, for circulation or reception in Singapore or elsewhere.